As we gather to be nourished with the bread of life, we ask our heavenly Father for all that we need to cope with life in our modem world:-
- For Your holy Church. Nourished and strengthened by the bread of life, may She offer the good news of salvation to peoples all over the world – Lord, hear us.
- For those parts of the world where the essentials of life – food, water, health – are all lacking. May those nations which have a superabundan ce of resources heed the desperate cry of those less fortunate than themselves – Lord, hear us.
- For all those who work for foods which can’t last:: a lust for power, material possessions or substance addiction. May the saving power of Your Son enlighten their lives and set them free – Lord, hear us.
- Give courage and strength to our young people. Help them make the right decisions for their way of life – Lord, hear us.
- Give patient tolerance to all who are no longer young, and open the hearts of young people to accept understanding and love from them – Lord, hear us.
- Eternal Father, we commend to You our loved ones who have died recently: Tommy Devlin, Cathie Lloyd, John Kay, Jack Leslie, Billy Slattery Charlie McDougall; together with Andrewina Power and Rose Mcf adyen, whose anniveraries we call to mind. May our present sorrow one day become a hymn of thanks- giving which brings healing to our souls – Lord, hear us.
Heavenly Father, hear our prayers. As You once
fed Your people in the desert and led
them to the Promised Land, so continue to feed and guide us on our pilgrim journey to Your Kingdom.