Every day, we’re faced with choices, whether to respond to our own selfish wants and desires or to the needs of others – very appropriate as we look forward to Mission Sunday next Sunday. Let’s ask the Lord to help us follow His way of self-sacrifice and humble service::-
- For our Holy Father, his fellow bishops, and priests. May they never lose sight of their calling to serve rather than to be served. Guide them all in wisdom and love – Lord, hear us
- For those in authority. May their words and their actions be guided by gentleness, understanding and compassion – Lord, hear us.
- We pray for those who risk their lives to serve others, especially in nursing and the emergency services – Lord, hear us.
- For those who have lost their way in life. By our practical example and help, may they regain their faith, hope and love – Lord, hear us.
- We pray for ourselves, and the situations in which we find ourselves in the course of the coming week. May we be Your true servants through serving those around us by word and deed – Lord, hear us.
- Welcome those who have died recently into Your peace: Joyce Armstrong, Susie Tierney, Marie Cowe, Paul McAvoy, together with those whose anniversaries we commemorate: Bert Young, Tom Conlon, Roy Jackson, Tom Dowds, Jim & Peter Murphy. Bring them to everlasting life with our blessed Lady and all the saints – Lord, hear us.
come before You today, not only with our strengths, but our weaknesses and failings too, so that
we may become the people You created and want us to be.